I hope you enjoy this recipe. I know that, for me, I can't live without bread. It's my favorite form of food happiness....these biscuits check all the boxes. It took me MONTHS to perfect this recipe. Please, let me know if you make them and if you enjoyed them! Tag me @chefsarahrusso if you take a pic.
Makes: 12-15 biscuits
2 cups cassava flour
2 cups almond flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 cups non-dairy milk (cashew, oat, almond)
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (do NOT substitute)
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Line baking sheet with parchment (it will stick unless there is something there).
2. In a glass or small bowl, add milk and apple cider vinegar, give a stir and let sit for at least 3-4 minutes.
3. Whisk together dry ingredients(flours, baking powder, salt) until clump free. Make a well in the center of the dry mix.
4. Add the milk and coconut oil to the well.
5. Slowly stir with a spatula until JUST combined. Then 5 more stirs. DO NOT over mix. We need the reaction of the baking soda and vinegar to give our biscuits a nice lift.
6. Using a spoon, drop the dough onto your lined baking sheet. About 3-4 tablespoons - this will make 12-15. These are not formed biscuits. You can make them bigger or smaller if you'd like. Just adjust cooking time as needed.
7. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges and tips are golden. Serve warm with jam.
8. Let cool completely on baking wire rack if you are storing for later. Store in an air sealed container for 3 days counter top and 7 days in the fridge.